Thursday, October 27, 2011

Flashback Of Sorts

While lazing around at the office, waiting for my Deepavali holiday to officially begin, I uncovered a little self-penned thingamajig I wrote back in 2008 when I was struggling with a new job. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, A Game Called 'Life':
He tells you to live, and you do
He wants you to die, and you do
Without any sign, everything that you have ever had may be stripped off of you
Without any warning, your days on planet Earth may just be cut short
But people say everything happens for a reason
And yes, they do

Though I may have cried
Though I may have wept
I believe that it is part and parcel of this game called 'life'
For when we suffer, don't we also learn?
We learn to not repeat the same mistakes again
We learn to appreciate the simple things in life
For when we give, don't we also receive?
Yes, things need to be bad to be good
The world works on a system of opposites
If it is not for sadness, will we know happiness?
If it is not for death, will we know life?

And so I say to all the negativity that comes my way
Bring it on for what is life without a struggle or two
What won't kill me will only make me stronger
And with that, I look forward to the falls and the rises
Until my last breath, when I can finally sigh
And proclaim that I've succeeded in this game called 'life'

No comments: