Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Love Clothes

Untitled-1

A while back, I received an invitation to a media appreciation night done 'Broadway' style. Unwilling to spend money on a costume that I would only wear once, I played around with what I already have. One work top from Mum, a pair of socks from Daddy, and my flare skirt later, I became Rachel from Glee. Wearing the outfit to work that day, I felt so out of my element. Calf-high socks have never been my 'thing' and the odd stares I was getting certainly didn't help. And just when I thought my effort would finally pay off, I turned up at the event only to realise that I was the only one who came dressed according to the theme. Bah.

In another story, while raving to my parents about the gorgeous toga-esque dress I had on, and bought for a discount of 50 per cent, my Dad replied, "Did you say the dress was 50 per cent off? No wonder 50 per cent of the sleeve is missing." Ha ha. Very funny Pa.

No comments: