Sunday, October 30, 2011

One Heck Of A Complex Mind

For as long as i can remember, my dreams have never been the straight forward kind. They tend to end abruptly, feature humans with faces i cannot see, and have constantly-changing elements.

Recently, it happened again. The dream saw me at a carnival in my neighbourhood. I was sitting amongst a large crowd, waiting for someone to arrive.

The someone turned out to be a man, clad in a black tee and jeans. His face was a blur but he was well built (yummy chest!), appeared to be a mix of Asian and Caucasian, and apparently, my boyfriend. As i was getting up, this boyfriend persuaded me to remain seated. Then out of the blue, he went on one knee and reached for something in his pocket. Knowing that it was a marriage proposal, i stopped him before he could do or say anything. I didn't want to be proposed on a bended knee (this is a fact, fyi) and certainly didn't want it to happen at the local carnival. But i did want to marry him. So i smiled and pleaded for him to do it another day, another time, another place. He laughed too, fully understanding my desire to have my ideal proposal, and proceeded to take my hands as we walked about the carnival... with the ring safely tucked in his pocket and not brought to light that day.

Later on, i ran into my aunt, who seemed to have lost all the extra weight she gained during the past few years, and looked fantastic and much younger. Plus, she was in a nurse uniform. While i was playing with her new stethoscope, i introduced her to the boyfriend, who was also a nurse. When i turned to look at him, i saw a woman (again, no face) in a nurse outfit instead, yet somehow, i was not surprised.

Moving on from the conversation, i bumped into Karen, who appeared looking like she did back in high school. Then there was a classmate, who was gossiping about me behind my back without realising that i was standing next to him. He, as i would later find out, did not recognise me and was surprised when Phan Shean pointed me out.

Then my dream ended without a warning.

Can someone even decipher what the heck all that meant?

No comments: