Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lights, Camera, Pose

When it comes to taking pictures, i really don't have many poses to offer. It's either my usual smile with one hand on the waist, an over exaggerated pout, fish lips or a couple of other funny faces. So learning that i had to take pictures for the magazine was nerve wrecking!

EJOE9320

We got our makeup done (such a tiring and uncomfortable process, i don't know how the models do it), hair styled and by the end of the transformation, i was dumbfounded at the reflection that stared back at me through the mirror. I can never get used to seeing myself with thick makeup. Plus, after all the years of wearing spectacles, going without them somehow made me feel vulnerable and my eyebags more prominent. During the first few minutes of the shoot, i found myself constantly adjusting my spectacles that weren't there!

EJOE9321

Then of course, when you put women and camera (with a professional photographer, no less) into the same equation, you end up with silly and vain shots as well. After the 'official' pictures were taken, we got around to jumping up and down in front of the camera and even proceeded to talk our photog into giving each of us an individual photoshoot for keeping. This will probably be the closest i will ever get to being a model.

EJOE9283 EJOE9132

1 comment:

blueyfetes said...

Nice shots!!! Looks so fun there!