Friday, December 30, 2011

Things People Say

(Upon noticing a flyer advertising the Lost World of Tambun)
Dad: We wanted to go there once but couldn't find the place.
Me: Who is we? How come i don't know anything about it?
Dad: My sisters and I.
Me: When were y'all planning on going?
Dad: The day after Christmas but we couldn't find the place.
Me: Ask Uncle Pat lah. I'm sure he knows the way.
Dad: No, he doesn't know either. No one can find it. It's the LOST World.

(On my ride home, killing time on Whatsapp)
Friend: Lots of horses are named after rum. If i'm not wrong, there was a horse named Red Rum who was national champion like six or eight times.
Me: Red Rum is the signature phrase from thriller flick The Shining
Friend: Really? I never saw Shining. It was probably named after the real horse.
Me: *Thinks what the fuck? If you've watched the movie, you'll get my what-the-fuck-ness*

(During a conversation about a certain public figure)
Anonymous: I'm not exaggerating when i say he looks like a cock. Seriously, go and look for the ugliest cock you've ever seen and that is his face.

(After checking out my room's bathroom)
Nick: Your bathroom has something that i've always wanted lah.
Me: What?
Nick: A shower right on top of the toilet bowl.
Me: What the heck? What for?
Nick: For when i'm rushing. So i can shower and shit at the same time.

No comments: